REFERENCE NUMBER: GGVAC2023-1379
Job summary: Assist with day-to-day activities of the club
Provide quality play care within the framework of the club’s
policies and procedures
Line manager: Registered Service Manager, Deputy Service Manager, Group Deputy Manager, Directors
Responsible for: Volunteers
Working relationships: Children attending the club and their parents/carers
Management and staff, including students and volunteers
Schools and registering authorities
Main duties include:
· Assist with planning, preparing and delivering quality play opportunities within a safe and caring environment with specific focus on the developmental needs of the children.
· Providing comprehensive care for the children including collecting them from school and delivering them safely to parents or carers.
· Setting up the play space including moving furniture and play equipment.
· Assist in the caretaking of children to meet their physical, social, emotional, and intellectual needs, based on their individual development.
· Nurture positive relationships with children to support their physical, social, emotional development.
· To promote independence in areas of play, personal organisation and learning.
· Provide support for trainees and volunteers to grow their experience and demonstrate best practice
· Assist in planning and joining trips.
· Planning suitable activities for children in conjunction with Trainees and the Registered Service Manager.
· Providing refreshments and ensuring that hygiene, health and safety standards are met.
· Administering first aid when necessary.
· Consulting with children and involving them in planning activities.
· Encouraging parental involvement in the club.
· Facilitating good communication with all members of the organisation, parents, and schools.
· Undertaking appropriate and relevant training.
· Assisting children and Registered Service Managers to keep children’s records UpToDate.
· Keeping the work environment healthy, safe and secure.
· Working within the framework of the club’s policies and procedures.
· Updating Social Media Channels
· Building positive working relationships with all stakeholders.
- Good Communication Skills
- Comfortable interacting with adults and children.
- Willingness to learn and develop
- Fun loving
- Time Management
- Reliable in the workplace
- Uses own initiative
- Comfortable leading activities for small groups of children.
- Work well as part of the team.
- Honest and Trustworthy.
- Happy Working Outdoors come rain or shine.
- Happy to try new things and participate in outdoor activities with the children.
West End Adventure offer outdoor activiites and After School Careto Primary Aged children Across the North West of Glasgow. We have a desire to see children thrive in the outdoors and develop a huge range of skills. As well as the traditional after school care activities we offer paddleobarding, climbing, bushcraft, watersports and much more to our children and young people and the best part is the staff get to do it all too! We are regulated by the Care Inspectorate for our childcare part of the business and AALA for the activities side. We now have a shop as well and loads of exciting things in the pipeline.
Nat 5 or above
No experience necessary but a desire to work with children is a must. Knoweldge of children and activities you can do with children desirable.
Car Driver Desirable but not essential