REFERENCE NUMBER: GGA-2022-1111
A two-year apprenticeship, based at Glasgow’s newly re-opened Burrell Collection, where you will assist in the production of a wide range of engaging, audience-focussed digital content (video, photography, web graphics) for our online and in-gallery platforms, including our website and social media channels.
As part of the Burrell’s Digital team, you will report to our Digital Content Producers, supporting the development of digital content. The museum’s public-facing digital provision is a suite of world-class, audience-focussed digital resources. The successful post holder will:
• Assist with creating and editing video, photography, and web text and graphics
• Provide technical support in the testing of digital content
• Prepare and distribute footage and interactive content as required
• Populate the museums local and online content management systems with digital content
• Be a voice for young people in creating digital content and interpretation.
• Undertake an SVQ Level 3 in Museums and Galleries Practice
• Familiar and confident using Microsoft Office packages, including Microsoft Word and Excel
• Experience and broad understanding of the capabilities of digital media technologies – hardware, software and rich content
• Enthusiasm and ability to learn about the role of digital for communications and learning
• Good communication skills and an ability to communicate with people at all levels
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Ability to use own initiative and work independently on tasks if and when required
• Excellent timekeeping and attendance
• A positive attitude to learning
SVQ Level 3 (SCQF 7)
SVQ Museums and Galleries Practice
Glasgow Life is a charity employing almost 3,000 staff, that delivers cultural, sporting and learning activities on behalf of Glasgow City Council. In doing so we aim to make a positive impact on individuals, the communities in which they live and the city as a whole. We deliver a range of services including arts, music, sports, events and festivals, libraries, community development and learning programmes. In addition, we manage 167 buildings across the city. Glasgow Museums is the largest museum service in the UK outside London and operates 10 venues across the city. The civic museum collection includes over one million objects and has been described as one of the finest civic collections in Northern Europe. For more details, please visit https://www.glasgowlife.org.uk/
Successful applicants would be required to be computer literate and have an interest in existing and emerging digital technology and media.
No experience necessary, however a demonstrated interest in digital hardware and software, a positive attitude and willingness to learn is essential.
Due to funding criteria, this vacancy is available to the following:
• 16-19 year olds
• 20-29 year olds with a disability
• 20-29 year olds who are care experienced
*(Age on 15th August 2022)*
Year 1: £9,900.80 progressing to
Year 2: 16-17 years old £12,376
19-20 years old £15,797.60