REFERENCE NUMBER: GGVAC2021-826
We are looking for an individual who has experience of or would to like to gain experience of working in the bookkeeping and accountancy sector. In your new role of a trainee Bookkeeper, you will learn how to record all company spending, including purchases, invoices and sales and provide accurate information on company outgoings. As a Bookkeeper will be organised, efficient and become skilled at keeping track of the various types of spending by the company or our clients.
esAnalyse bank/Credit Card statements and reconcile client’s cash books
• Work closely with the accountant to ensure accurate bank reconciliations and accruals
• Enhance and maintain process documentation, and ensure compliance with policies, procedures and internal controls
• Contribute to a culture of continuous improvement, initiating ideas to develop Bank Reconciliations processes and controls.
• Deal with customer or client queries
• Managing and Collection of Aged Debt Ledger
• Provision of excellent customer support regarding account issues
• Minimise risk across portfolio by Investigating and Informing Management of issues
• Manage queries to resolution through investigation, reconciliation and escalation
• Ensure all supplier information is up to date and accurate
• Ensure excellent client service at all times
Good written and verbal communication skills
• Attention to detail and be methodical in your approach
• Comfortable working under pressure and to deadlines
• Time management and prioritising work to meet reporting deadlines
• Good IT skills (Word, Excel, MS Outlook) Training will be provided on inhouse bookkeeping systems and software
We are a small established and growing Bookkeeping company offering bookkeeping and payroll to businesses in the Glasgow area.
Good school grades or HNC/HND Level qualification or above in finance.
Ideally a candidate with some relevant experience of working in a finance or admin department
You will be dealing with clients over the phone, potentially in person and on occasion through Zoom or Skype. As you are representing a service organization, we would expect you to be well-spoken and present yourself professionally.
Be able to work with sensitive information. Confidentiality agreement would need to be signed. With this comes the usual expectations and responsibility
Outside any specific agreed core training times, training and development expectations include the willingness need to work through ICB level 2 on your own time with any course fees being paid by the company.