REFERENCE NUMBER: GGA-2021-712
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• To contribute to and support the provision of a safe, nurturing, healthy, secure, happy and stimulating nursery for all parents, children and staff.
• To ensure all policies, procedures and curricula activities are adhered to at all times’ and to uphold the standards set by the Care Inspectorate and SSSC.
• To keep abreast of current early childhood thinking/trends.
• To work as part of a team to ensure that the progress of children is monitored, assessed and recorded in line with Rosemount Lifelong Learning policies and procedures and that information is reported to parents and other relevant agencies.
• To provide the highest standard of care and wellbeing and to ensure that the specific needs of children are responded to.
• To actively participate and support staff in the self-evaluation and improvement planning process within the nursery.
• To participate in training delivered by Childcare Management Company as well as other personal development courses as appropriate.
• To have responsibility for maximising the use of all resources, which contribute to the organisation’s objectives, maintain confidentiality at all times and positively promote the aims of Rosemount Lifelong Learning.
• To be aware of personal responsibilities in relation to Health and Safety issues at work.
• To maintain confidentiality and positively promote Rosemount Lifelong Learning at all times.
• To undertake such other duties as the Childcare Manager may reasonably require.
The modern apprentice will be based in either our 2/3 or 3/5 room where they will work alongside qualified staff who will mentor and support their practical learning.
Each day will be different, planning and organising activities for the children, taking into account their age and stage of development
You will be responsible for supporting children with personal care, hand washing toileting and nappy changing.
You will be allocated a mentor within the work place and offered additional support from the childcare depute and manager.
You will have opportunities to joining staff on training in first aid and child protection as well as other opportunities that may arise.
At the end of the training you will be qualified to SVQ3 level and will be qualified to work as a practitioner
• Good interpersonal communication skills to deal effectively and respectfully with children, parents, colleagues and visitors.
• Good written communication skills in order to prepare and maintain records and reports
• Ability to respect confidentiality of information.
• Ability in identifying children’s needs and providing learning opportunities to meet those needs as required
• Ability to work as part of a team
SVQ LEVEL 3
Social Service (Children & Young People)
Rosemount Lifelong Learning was established in 1998 and our mission is to increase life chances through learning for children, young people and adults living in Royston and wider North (North East & North West) Glasgow area.
At Rosemount, we are passionate about supporting local people to reach their potential, supporting them to improve not just their own lives but those of their immediate and wider family. Our services encourage participants, from children to adults to raise aspirations, develop confidence and life skills and ensure that their progression routes are sustainable.
National 5 – English and Maths
Experience of volunteering with children would be an advantage.
no experience required but a willingness to learn and work as part of a team
The maximum term for training is approx 24 months. Modern apprentice will be supported to work at a suitable pace for their learning