REFERENCE NUMBER: GGVAC2021-706
We are seeking to appoint a committed, trustworthy and pro-active caretaker to work within our community facility; Parkhead Schoolhouse and The Pantry. The post-holder will play a key role in ensuring the smooth running and general maintenance of the building. You will provide a first class service whilst working closely with the volunteer trustee board and the Centre Management. You will ensure a safe and secure environment and that the site meets all current health and safety legislation. Provide cover during the evening and overnight.
A full clean drivers’ license is essential. In order for the Company to comply with the terms and conditions of its vehicle insurance policy applicants must be at least 30 years of age
- Overseeing the opening and close of the facility
- Planned and reactive maintenance of the building and grounds
- To supervise the admin, caretakers & cleaning staff and plan work allocations to ensure standards are met
- Ensuring stocks and materials are maintained correctly
- Fire testing and alarm call out cover – evening and weekends
- Reception cover
- Ad-Hoc maintenance tasks
- Receiving deliveries for community centre and shop
- Liaison with contractors visiting site.
- Working with local partners to ensure activities at the site rum smoothly.
- Oversee Health and Safety requirements for the facility.
- A mature attitude and able to gain credibility and trust from clients and staff alike
- An ability to implement service/emergency protocols and work as part of a team
- Anticipates client needs and ensures it is done to Centre standards
- Excellent customer service skills and understanding
- Smart and Professional Appearance
- The ability to work to deadlines and under pressure
- Demonstrate tact, diplomacy and negotiation skills
- Ability to work within Centre Policies and Procedures
- A commitment to community run services and to providing equality of opportunity
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Able to work flexible hours – prioritising needs of centre management
Parkhead Development Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Parkhead Housing Association Limited and has been created to provide long term sustainable employment for local people. The company will provide environmental maintenance and general facilities management services for Parkhead Housing Association Ltd.
The aims of PDC are:
To employ local people on the Scottish Living Wage or above
To deliver a grounds maintenance, stair cleaning and office cleaning service initially solely for PHA, and provide cleaning and caretaking services at Parkhead School House.
To seek to deliver, over time, these services and other related activities to organizations and individuals within and out with the Parkhead area
To create a vehicle for the Association to develop and manage its proposed mid-market rent operation
To improve service delivery and value for money to both tenants and owners
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Able to work evenings and week-ends and attend the Centre at short notice
- Experience of working with voluntary sector and statutory partners in a front facing role.
- At least 12 months experience in maintenance/building services or equivalent
- Experience of using Health and Safety and other policies and procedures relevant to community centre or building management, including risk assessments
- Experience of working in partnership, ideally within a community buildings environment
- Contractor Management.
- Experience of working independently to produce quality of work
- Experience in staff and team supervision
- Experience in time management and task prioritisation