REFERENCE NUMBER: GGA-2021-704
Duties and Responsibilities
• To contribute to a planned programme of activities suitable to the age range of children in conjunction with other staff.
• Support all staff and engage in a good staff team.
• Uphold standards within the Setting by adhering to all policies and procedures.
• To maintain your SSSC registration at all times.
• Strive to safeguard children by working to the organisation’s safeguarding Code of
• To attend all out of working hours activities, e.g. training, monthly staff meetings, parents/carers meetings, Christmas party, etc.
• To be flexible within working practices of Setting. Be prepared to help where needed, including to undertake certain domestic jobs within the Setting, e.g. preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment etc.
• Work alongside the manager and staff team to ensure that the philosophy behind the project is fulfilled.
• Look upon the Setting as a "whole" where can, your help be most utilised, be constantly aware of the needs of children.
• To respect the confidentiality of information received.
• To develop your role within the team especially with regard as a key worker
• The preparation and completion of activities to suit the child's stage of development.
• To ensure that mealtimes are a time of pleasant social sharing.
• Washing and changing children as required.
• Providing comfort and warmth to all children when required.
• To ensure the Setting is of a high quality environment to meet the needs of individual children from differing cultures and religious backgrounds, and stages of development.
• To be aware of the high profile of the Setting and to uphold its standards at all times.
• To actively promote and support the safeguarding of children and young people in the workplace, ensuring setting policies and procedures are observed at all times.
Please see Job description
Good Verbal Communication and Writing Skills
SVQ 3 Childcare
Children's Nursery Daycare
SVQ 3 Childcare
Experience and knowledge desirable within Child Care sector, however full training will be provided