REFERENCE NUMBER: GGVAC2021-701
• Carry out day-to-day Trainee Assistant Storeman duties effectively, efficiently and to a high standard.
• Ensure that all duties and performance standards comply with:
Current Health and Safety Procedures.
Standard of Work.
Customer Care Requirements.
Key Performance Indicators.
Key Target Times.
• Assist in administering material receipt, unloading and placement of materials in assigned storage location.
• Assist in checking materials received meet quantities and specifications against other order documents.
• To assist in keeping accurate logs of taken and materials used.
• To assist in managing space and determining storage methods according to manufacturer’s guidelines and organisation safety procedures.
• To assist in maintaining stock level of materials to ensure continuous availability.
• To assist in maintaining filing system and stock records.
• To assist in maintaining supplies of materials in line with storage safety regulations.
• To assist in issuing or distributing materials, products, parts, supplies based directed
• To assist in recommending disposal of excess, defective or obsolete stock.
• To assist in controlling the fixed assets.
• Responsible for keeping work area tidy and free from waste materials.
• Assist in ensuring stock security.
• Assist in loading materials and stock to delivery vehicles when required.
• To carry out stock checks annually or as the business demands dictate.
• Use hand held computerised equipment.
• Use computerised procurement system for goods received, stock monitoring and job interrogation.
• To assist in working out delivery requirements where required.
• Close liaison with trades, planners, supervisors and Contracts Managers in line with daily tasks and service delivery.
• Assist in raising stock orders.
• Admin duties as required.
• Assist in monitoring skip requirements and organising replacement, when required.
• Assist in ensuring materials are only used by authorised personnel.
• Assist in liaising/chasing suppliers for deliveries and dealing with related queries.
• Assist in maintaining the replenishment of van stock.
To provide a highly efficient stores service for Govan HOME Team ensuring that the use and distribution of our store materials are tightly controlled, materials are reordered timeously and records of use and repurchase, in line with SOR codes, are tightly managed via our IT system.
To proactively work as part of the team.
To contribute to the overall success and development of the Govan HOME Team.
* Able to communicate effectively with trade and office staff.
* Proven ability to be flexible and adaptable in a workplace with changing and varying demands
* Proven ability to be flexible and adaptable in a workplace with changing and varying demands.
* Good organisational skills.
* Good telephone manner and the ability to communicate a basic descriptiion of material components to
* Ability to confidently work on own initiative and as part of the stores team
* Ability to listen, learn and take instruction.
* Good interpersonal skills and ability to engage effectively.
* Self-motivated with a friendly demeanour and ability to get on with others.
* Pro-active approach to personal and future development.
* Commitment to equal opportunities and core values of the Govan HOME Team.
Govan HOME Team is repairs and property management community interest company based in Govan, Glasgow. It was established in May 2017 and is a subsidiary of Govan Housing Association Ltd.
We are serious about turning our vision for our new subsidiary into reality and delivering excellent quality repairs, maintenance and environmental services that make a positive impact on people and communities. This focus really signals the future direction of the Govan Housing Association Group, one that is genuine about customer service, which is committed to ensuring that residents get the best possible deal and the highest quality products and services and importantly, puts our residents and the wider community central to everything that we do.
Good general standard of education.
* Experience of working in a stores environment
* A basic understanding of construction materials
* Experience of working with spreadsheets to a basic level and other Microsoft applications
* Manual handling training and assessing risks within a store warehouse environment.
* Experience of working with spreadsheets to an Intermediate level and other Microsoft applications
You must also undertake any other reasonable duties as required to maintain the organisation’s activities and the continued delivery of services. The HOME Team operates in a dynamic environment. The responsibilities attached to the post will need to change from time to time to reflect and respond to the changing environment and changes within the Govan HOME Team.