REFERENCE NUMBER: GGVAC2021-656
We have an exciting opportunity for an Environmental Technician to join a highly motivated team to assist in the delivery of key regional and national projects. This role will provide the successful candidate the opportunity to develop a variety of skills and build a successful career within the environmental consultancy sector.
The Environmental Technician role will include, but not be limited to, the following elements:
• Participate in environmental monitoring and site-based investigation work in accordance with company protocols and quality standards.
• Liaison with laboratories, the management and handling of samples and collation of data.
• Assessing environmental landfill data;
• Maintenance of equipment and our store facility, ensuring routine calibrations are completed in line with company protocols.
• General maintenance of company vehicles and our on-site store facility;
• Work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team, whilst also being able to work effectively and accurately independently;
• Ensure that all work undertaken is produced accurately to required standards in a timely and efficient manner; and
• Support of office and administrative tasks as required.
• Basic IT Literacy with working knowledge of Microsoft Office/Outlook/Microsoft Teams;
• Good verbal and written communication skills;
• Full UK Driving License;
• Passion and experience of working outdoors and prepared to work in all weathers;
• Good time management;
• Good attention to detail and problem solving skills;
• Willingness to engage with clients and stakeholders;
• A passionate and enthusiastic learner with a can-do attitude;
EnviroCentre is a leading Environmental Consultancy with over 25 years’ experience successfully helping our clients achieve their development ambitions. As result of our success we have grown to have a permanent team of over 50 staff with a diverse range of technical skills.
Our Head Office is in Glasgow and we also have offices in Banchory, Edinburgh and Inverness. EnviroCentre’s current client portfolio includes companies operating in renewable energy, ports and harbours, infrastructure, and commercial/residential development. Much of our work is within the UK, but we also undertake projects in Europe and further overseas.
We offer a flexible work environment, competitive remuneration and benefits package, in-house training programmes, a strong emphasis on health and safety, support for continuing education and professional development and the opportunity to work with and learn from other technical experts and professionals.
You must have at least 5 National 5 grades, both qualifications must include Maths and English.
Some experience of environmental monitoring would be an advantage but not necessary as full training will be provided
The flexibility to work unsociable hours, or away from home as required.