REFERENCE NUMBER: GGA-2019-61
The following list is typical of the level of duties which the post holder is expected to perform or be responsible for. It is not necessarily exhaustive and other duties of a similar type and level may be expected from time to time. The post holder will be responsible for a combination of the objectives described below dependent upon the requirements of the organisation.
• Welcoming visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; recording all arrivals into the office, and answering or referring inquiries or visitors to the appropriate team, both face to face and telephone.
• Processing written enquiries and documentation, including invoices, payments, written enquiries, etc.
• Updating and maintaining records, both manually and electronically
• Assisting with the processing of housing applications and issue of standard letters
• Opening and distribution of external mail, ensuring reception area is kept clean and clear at all times.
• Raising requests for repairs on the appropriate electronic software
• Arranging appointments for tenants, contractors and staff in relation to repairs, welfare rights and housing options
• Developing an understanding of how the Association responds to Anti-Social Behaviour (ASB) and dealing with general ASB enquiries, uploading complaints onto internal database, Streetwise
• Taking low level rent payments
• Receiving and recording complaints in line with the Association’s policies and procedures
• Collating statistical information and supporting the Customer Contact Team Leader with preparation of reports
• Providing administrative and general support to the Housing Management team
• Learning and completing a programme in effective Housing Association customer service
• Collecting tenant feedback and reporting on the findings
• Build and maintain effective working relationships throughout the Association
• Ensure that the policies and procedures of the Association are followed at all times
• Attend training and supervision sessions as requested by the Customer Contact Team Leader
• Carrying out any other duties as reasonably assigned by the Customer Contact Team Leader
• Ensure the values of the Association are reflected in your work and that all services provided are delivered in line with the Association’s Vision, Values and Operating Principles
• Assist in the development of a ’Continuous Improvement’ culture
• Ensure compliance with all regulatory, statutory and legal requirements
• Recognise and respect the diversity of internal and external customers and assist accordingly
• Support the wider team during busy periods and peak workloads
• You must at all times comply with the Health and Safety Policy and procedures and must draw to your manager’s attention any unsafe working practice/conditions
Providing an excellent service to customers visiting the office or contacting us by telephone or email and efficiently pass on those enquiries that need to be dealt with by another member of staff. Supporting the Customer Contact team and the Customer Contact Team Leader to enable them to provide a ‘one-stop shop’ service to our customers.
• Good level of interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills
• Good level of IT skills using Microsoft Office packages
• Skills in working with others e.g. Courteous, tactful and diplomatic; responds positively to requests for help from internal and external partners.
• Excellent attention to detail
• Enjoys working in an environment of constant demand
• Ability to work under pressure with effective supervision
• Ability to respond positively and flexibly to change
• Understands the need for confidentiality in the provision of customer services
• Ability to consider practical and effective solutions to problems/issues
• A methodical and flexible approach to organising and prioritising a varied work load
SVQ Level 3
Based in the North of Glasgow, this Housing Association has been established for over 40 years. We own over 3000 rented properties and provide a factoring service to over 700 units. We offer a rewarding work environment and as a valued employee you will have the opportunity to make a real difference to both our local community and to people’s lives.
• Understanding of key elements of effective customer service
• Experience of working in a team environment
• Understanding of aims and objectives of social housing.
• Knowledge of administration processes and procedures
• Commitment to the values of Maryhill Housing Association
• Committed to equality and diversity