REFERENCE NUMBER: GGVAC2021-526
The role covers managing the day-to-day tasks within the work place and off site at event venues.
You will be given on the job training with a good network of support around you at all times from the two directors of the business who are hands on with all areas of the company.
The role requires you to be self-managed and deliver amazing customer service and decorating events to a high standard within the wedding/social events marketplace.
All hire items must be dismantled and collected after the event. Items need to be cleaned and returned to storage ready for the next hire.
The job will be based in our Glasgow office for preparation and cleaning of events items, and then involve transporting items to venues mainly in the Glasgow area, but potentially all over Scotland.
The job has varied tasks per week to suit the needs of the business and the busy wedding season.
- Ensure all components of customers orders are ready for setup.
- Ensuring the show-area section is maintained to the highest standards and provides the best showcase of our products and services.
- Maintain relationships with existing venues and developing relationships with other suppliers in the industry to subcontract our services where applicable.
- Initial and ongoing training of temporary staff to ensuring standards are met across the business.
- Setup of events. This involves manual handling and physical work. Events sometimes have a tight timescale for set up and work is physical and intense.
- Driving all sizes of work vans to be able to deliver and collect event hire items to venues.
You must have strong interpersonal skills and be committed to delivering great customer service, but are also a very organised individual who works efficiently. This is a fast-paced role and quick thinking is key. A confident individual who has a real zest for creativity and is a go-getter would suit the company perfectly! A passion for weddings and events would be a great attribute to any candidate!
Make Believe Events are Scotland’s leading wedding & event decor company based in Glasgow and serving customers across Scotland. We are industry leaders in wedding decor hire and are a multi award winning company with the ambition to continue our high level of customer service, quality of product and design. We cater to weddings, private events, and the corporate market.
The Make Believe team are close knit team who work hard and take great pride in creating beautiful events.
We have no requirements for any specific education.
A drivers license is needed.
Events or hospitality experience is desirable but not essential.
Experience of good team work and examples of working in a fast paced environment are essential.