REFERENCE NUMBER: GGVAC2021-452
Key Tasks and Activities
Depending on the nature of the contract, duties would typically include the following:-
• Grass cutting
• Hedge trimming
• Shrub maintenance
• Bulb planting
• Turf laying
• Ground maintenance
• To undertake any other duties appropriate to the post and the needs of the organisation or as directed by management. These will be agreed with the post holder and will normally be within the scope of their qualifications and/or experience.
• Carry out the duties and responsibilities as defined by the Company's Health and Safety Policy within the sphere of the operation of the post with particular reference at all times to health and safety of employees and members of the public.
1. To carry out a general environmental maintenance service to tenement backcourts, gardens and common areas including de-littering, removal of bulk refuse, tidying up and sweeping out bin shelters.
2. To carry out a close cleaning and window cleaning service to tenement closes and selected flats.
3. To carry out a clearance and cleaning service to empty properties, including removal of bulk items, dismantling of fixtures, post-renovation cleaning etc.
4. To remove or paint over graffiti on Association and other properties in the area.
5. To assist with handy person duties as required.
6. To undertake a variety of recycling tasks as required.
7. To carry out any other duties appropriate to the post and in line with the needs of Upkeep Shettleston Community Enterprises Limited.
8. To be conversant with and operate at all times within the current Health and Safety at Work Legislation
Basic knowledge of Health & safety in the workplace
Keen interest in environmental and estate management works
Ability to communicate with colleagues & management
Customer focussed, polite and courteous
Upkeep is a social enterprise established in 2005 and based in the East End of Glasgow. Our roots are in the housing association movement and we fully understand the needs of landlords with regard to maintaining high standards in property maintenance, ensuring a swift turnaround of void properties and ensuring common areas are maintained. We currently have 45 employees, we are looking for two individuals to join our team, duties include, close cleaning; bulk uplift; backcourt maintenance; graffiti removal; void property clearout & clean. Landscape maintenance.
A good level of school education
No experience necessary
Must be reliable, punctual and hard working.
Must be able to work both as part of a team, and also work on their own at times.
Applicants will be required to complete a basis aptitude test at interview.