REFERENCE NUMBER: GGA-2021-434
The post will be to work alongside YoMo full time staff to deliver youth services across the North West & North East of Glasgow including supporting young people to volunteer within their area, Peer Education and Health & Wellbeing sessions. You will be working alongside staff to deliver services for young people particularly for 12+ age groups but will also be involved in wider young people services within the organisation.
This role requires a positive attitude, enthusiasm and resilience to be able to impact positively on the lives of young people and encourage progression whilst. Also creating a friendly, fun, interactive and social settings for young people to meet
• To share responsibility with members of the staff team in planning outings/trips, and devise relevant training and educational programmes for young volunteers.
• To participate in staff meetings, training sessions, and one to one supervision sessions where appropriate.
• Collate evidence and reports of activity from volunteers for monitoring and evaluation purposes
• Adhere to and implement all YoMo’s policies.
• To undertake any other appropriate tasks, as identified by the co-ordinator or management committee.
• YoMo would expect the trainee to
Good interpersonal skills, experience of working directly with young people and community groups.
A passion for working with young people
Understanding the issues affecting young people
Good computer skills
Self-motivated, solution focused and positive thinker
Be prepared to undergo clearance from PGV disclosure system
SVQ 2-3 Youth work
Working Glasgow Kelvin College
YoMo is Glasgow's Youth Empowerment Charity supporting young people into volunteering opportunities. YoMo uses youth work approaches to develop young peoples life skills.
English and Maths at National 4 or 5
An understanding of your community and its needs
Full training will be provided through out the apprenticeship