REFERENCE NUMBER: GGVAC2021-433
The post will be to delivery & develop YoMo Youth services across the North East & North West including supporting young people to volunteer within their area, Peer Education and Health & Wellbeing sessions. You will be responsible for delivering services for young people particularly for 12+ age groups but will also be involved in wider young people services within the organisation.
This role requires a positive attitude, enthusiasm and resilience to be able to impact positively on the lives of young people and encourage progression whilst. Also creating a friendly, fun, interactive and social settings for young people to meet.
You will have experience of assessing the needs of young people and respond appropriately through youth work activity, support and guidance that helps young people flourish as individuals and contribute positively to their community
- To design, develop and implement a wide range of activities for young people aged 12+ years old and young adults
- To make regular contact with young people in order to identify, assess, and meet their formal and informal educational needs, and to encourage higher self-expectations, resilience and skills.
- Co-ordinate and lead activity programmes
- Deliver workshops on various subjects (dependent on skill set)
- Consult with young people on their needs and action where necessary
- Empower young people to be leaders and the drivers for new services and activities
- Work alongside sessional workers within club times and activities
- To work jointly with other youth organisations to encourage integrated programmes of activities between agencies
- To undertake administrative duties including word processing, report writing and general office duties
- Monitor and evaluate effectiveness of all activities and produce timely reports to management
- Ensure health & safety of young people attending activities
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as delegate by the project Manger
• Excellent IT skills including Word, Excel, Outlook and the Internet
• Good communication skills – written and verbal
• Approachable manner
• Ability to interact with young people
• Excellent organisational skills
• Knowledge of community-based organisations
YoMo Young Movers is a Youth Empowerment Charity based in the East End of Glasgow but works across the North East West of Glasgow. We work to support young people to reach their potential through support them with life long learning, active citizenship and personal development. We do this by providing meaningful volunteering opportunities and youth work programs.
YoMo has a small team of 5 full time highly motivated staff working to change the life's of young people within the community.
Our Vision is for young people to shape their future by shaping their community & learning
Our Mission is to enable young people to empower themselves through active citizenship, volunteering and life long learning.
• Youth work or Community Development Qualification
• First Aid
• Other i.e. arts/dance/bike ability/beauty
• At least 4 years previous experience of working with young people in a paid or voluntary capacity
• Developing projects and initiatives for young people
• Leadership role
• Experience of Delivering Youth Achievement Awards
Understanding and Knowledge
• An understanding of the issues affecting young people
• An awareness of and commitment to equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory practice.
• Commitment to redress inequalities, value opinions, and empower individuals to take action on issues affecting their lives.
Values and Attitudes
• Committed/flexible approach
• High degree of initiative
• Attention to detail
• Team Player
• Available to work evenings and weekends
• Health & Safety Legislation
• Hold UK Driving Licence