REFERENCE NUMBER: GGA-2020-377
If pixel-perfect websites and coding are your bag, please read on! Our business is growing and we are on the hunt for an apprentice web developer to join our brilliant team. You’ll have skills in Wordpress and will be familiar with the ‘back-end’ of websites. You’ll love data and problem solving and will have excellent attention to detail.
- Working with our developers you will use Wordpress to create outstanding websites for a wide variety of clients.
- You will help to optimise our clients websites for maximum speed, performance and user experience across all devices and browsers
- Supporting clients and our in-house SEO team with web development activity and troubleshooting
- Proactively maintaining awareness of emerging technologies, coding practices and opportunities for your own development.
- Some experience of using HTML and CSS (anything else Brandon?)
- Passionate about the web and all things digital
- Excellent communication, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Keen to learn new skills and expand on existing ones
- Possess a basic understanding of web development and best practices.
- Time management skills, organisation
- An ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
SCQF Level 8
MA in Information Technology & Telecomms
Blue Sword is a web development and digital marketing agency based in the heart of Glasgow. We have a small and brilliant team of developers and marketing experts that help small businesses to reach their full potential, through offering excellent design and marketing services at truly competitive prices.
The candidate will be required to have at least two Higher's as a minimum. . A formal qualification in web development would be desirable.
- Experience of developing custom Wordpress themes is desirable