REFERENCE NUMBER: GGVAC2020-301
We are looking for an individual who has experience of working in a fast paced finance department.
• Placing stock orders with suppliers
• Recording all stock orders on our purchase order system
• Oversee the purchase order system, ensuring purchase ledger invoices match purchase orders issued
• Code, batch and enter purchase ledger invoices
• Reconciliation of supplier statements and preparation of supplier payment batches
• Dealing with supplier queries/order discrepancies
• Responsible for sales ledger credit control, ensuring all sales ledger invoices are paid within agreed payments terms.
• Setting up customer direct debit instructions over the phone
• Taking customer card payments over the phone
• Ensuring all relevant customer information is obtained and set up on the accounting/billing system for new customers.
• Dealing with customer invoice enquiries, issuing copy sales ledger invoices to customers, talking customers through their bills
• Generating reports and invoices for sales managers
• Inputting products and services to the billing system in preparation for billing.
• Update and maintain billing system.
• Code, batch and enter credit card/staff expenses/petty cash payments onto accounting system, ensuring all back up documentation is obtained and verified.
• General support within the accounts department
• Answering telephones
Essential Candidate Qualities:
• Excellent numerical and excel skills
• The ability to recall conversations with customers and supplier
• Professional attitude and good work ethic, with excellent attention to detail
• Excellent communicator across all levels
• A willingness to learn
• Be able to work on your own initiative
• A commitment to seeing a task through
• A commitment to high standards of customer service
• A willingness to pitch in to ensure the accounts team meets its objective
Yellowcom is a leading telecommunications provider to businesses in Scotland and Northern Ireland. This role will be based in the Glasgow office.
• HND Level qualification or above in finance.
• 2 years’ experience working within a finance department
• Experience of working in a fast paced environment.
• Experience in Billing is of advantage but not necessary as full training will be given.
• Experience in financial reporting and budgeting.