REFERENCE NUMBER: GGA-2020-258
Over the course of your Modern Apprenticeship, you will provide administrative support to up to four different business areas, and gain practical knowledge and experience in a variety of working environments.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Providing administrative support to business areas across SQA e.g. diary management for teams, room bookings, raising and processing purchase orders and invoices, and communicating with other teams and external colleagues;
• Following SQA’s current process and procedures, and contribute to our continuous improvement commitments;
• Providing a high level of customer service, by responding to queries quickly and accurately, and building and maintaining positive customer relationships; and
• Being a positive ambassador for the “Pathways” programme at internal and external events.
You will also be responsible for working towards you qualifications. Time will be set aside for you to do this, but you will be responsible for attending classes at college, and completing any assignments you have been given. You will also be assigned a mentor who will assist you with the completion of your SVQ, but you will be responsible for completing any associated tasks.
You must be aged 16 – 19 years old and educated to SCQF Level 6 e.g. Higher in subjects including English, Mathematics, Social Science, Business Management, and/or Administration. You must also be able to show us evidence in your application/interview of the following skills:
• That you have experience using Microsoft Office applications including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
• That you can understand, and carry out basic numerical calculations;
• That you can write, and/or speak clearly so what you have said, and/or written is easily understood;
• That you have good time management skills, and you can plan and organise your priorities, and adhere to agreed deadlines; and
• That you have some experience delivering presentations to a group or to individuals.
SCQF level 6 Business Administration
SCQF level 6 Business Administration
The Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) is Scotland’s national awarding, and accreditation body. We enable people, and organisations to realise their potential by providing a wide range of high quality, internationally recognised qualifications, and assessment services.
Aa an employer we also help young people learn about the world of work through our own ”Pathways” Modern Apprenticeship programme.
Educated to SCQF Level 6 e.g. Higher in subjects including English, Mathematics, Social Science, Business Management, and/or Administration
All relevent experience will taken into consideration. This includes education and activities outwith.
This apprenticeship starts in August 2020 and lasts for 2 years. Our programme gives our Modern Apprentices the opportunity to work towards two industry-recognised qualifications and gain two years of valuable work experience in a variety of areas from across the business. Placements include contributing to the teams responsible for creating new qualifications, to working with our Business Systems teams on our IT infrastructure, to assisting our Corporate Office and shadowing our Chief Executive.
Throughout your Modern Apprenticeship at SQA, you will complete a Scottish Vocational Qualification (SVQ) in Business and Administration at SCQF level 6, and together with our local college partners, you will work towards a Higher National Certificate (HNC) in Business at SCQF level 7. These valuable courses, combined with your work experience will help you to identify your strengths, and your long-term career goals, and help you to develop the skills, knowledge and experience needed to secure a business and administration role in any organisation.
You will be based at the Optima Building, our office in Glasgow city centre.
Salary: £17,5528 per annum
Contract: Fixed Term (2 Years)
Hours: Full Time (35 hours per week with working pattern to be agreed with line manager)
Annual Leave: 27 days annual leave and 14 public holidays
Pension: Strathclyde Pension Fund
Volunteer Hours: 21 per year
Our closing date is on 3rd May 2020 with interviews due to commence in June 2020.