REFERENCE NUMBER: GGA-2020-204
- Carry linens, towels, toilet items, and cleaning supplies, using supply caddy and/or wheeled cart.
- Clean cabins, hallways, restrooms, corridors up to hotel standards and using approved chemicals so that health standards are met.
- Remove all soiled linens and terry from cabin.
- Empty wastebaskets and transport other trash and waste to disposal areas.
- Replace linens on beds and replenish all amenities and terry items.
- Replenish supplies, such as drinking glasses, linens, and bathroom items.
- Clean rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and draperies, using vacuum cleaners.
- Dust and polish furniture and equipment.
- Clean windows, walls, ceilings, and woodwork, waxing and polishing as necessary.
- Ensure that all electronic devices (television, remote controls, stereo, and telephones) are working properly.
- Ensure all cabins assigned are completed with correct status marked including any information for input into guest history file. Notify supervisor when service is complete so cabins may be sold or occupied.
- Observe precautions required to protect hotel and guest property.
- Keep storage areas and carts well-stocked, clean, and tidy.
- Respect the privacy and maintain confidentiality of guest’s information.
- Return lost items found in cabins, hallways, the heart of the house and front of the house to the Housekeeping department as a “lost and found” item with the date, where it was found, description of the item, and finder’s name.
- Stock cart with cabin supplies.
- Comply with company and departmental safety rules and regulations, including proper lifting and handling of all relevant equipment and bloodborne pathogens procedure.
- Report out-of-ordinary issues and all unsafe conditions immediately.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Cabin Crew Manager.
Alongside these key roles and responsibilities, the incumbent of the role will be required to demonstrate the fundamentals of the company’s Value’s.
The Cabin Crew (our name for housekeeping) Member’s overall responsibility is to clean and service assigned cabins, including but not limited to making beds, dusting, vacuuming, cleaning and sanitizing bathrooms, removing trash, and other pertinent duties. All responsibilities shall be carried out in a timely, accurate, and professional manner, in accordance with YOTEL’s core values.
Woring in a fast paced environment
SCQF Level 5
YOTEL - new concept hotel opening in 2020.
Some customer service experience in a hotel would be great to have but not essential. Training will be provided. Personality is key for this role and having confidence to deal with change and problem solving head on, in a guest facing environment. Experience and willingness to work in a fast paced environment would serve the successful candiate well in this role.
Must have proof of right to work in the UK