REFERENCE NUMBER: GGVAC2020-191
The main tasks will include:
- Take incoming service-related phone calls presenting high levels of professionalism and customer service to clients.
- File key documents relating to maintenance activity i.e. gas safety certificates, NICIEC certificates, fire alarm inspection certificates, repair records, etc.
- Organise appointments/access for reactive, planned and cyclical works and ensure that maintenance systems are kept up to date with contact information.
- Provide a high standard of general administration support to Govan HOME Team staff and operatives including replying to standard enquiries, maintaining databases, producing standard letters, filing, photocopying, etc.
- Take minutes at meetings as required, produce mail merges, carry out filing and maintenance of manual and computerised office systems.
- Respond to a wide range of enquiries from tenants, contractors and members of the public within agreed timescales.
- Provide assistance with special projects as required, including supporting events, assisting with income generation, and collating information for other departments and operatives as required.
- Operate within the Govan HOME Team’s Code of Conduct promoting a positive image as a local community service provider to ensure all customers receive the best possible effective and efficient service.
- Establish, develop and maintain effective working relationships with all work colleagues, contractors and partnering agencies to ensure an integrated contribution to the Govan HOME Team’s corporate objectives.
- Undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required in line with the level of responsibility of the post and in order to meet the changing needs of the HOME Team.
To provide a high quality customer service to internal and external customers on all repair, maintenance and service enquiries.
To provide administrative support to the HOME Team Administration Team by maintaining office records and providing general support and administrative services for the staff and operatives across the organisation
To work in accordance with the policies, practices, and procedures as laid down by the Board of Management.
Experience of providing a quality customer service in an office environment, including answering telephones and face to face interaction with customers.
Experience of data recording and processing on excel or software packages, in a work capacity.
Experience of filing, scanning and other document management tasks in an office environment.
Able to communicate effectively (verbally and in writing).
Good IT skills with the ability to interrogate computerised databases, reports and spreadsheets.
Proven ability to be flexible and adaptable in a workplace with changing and varying demands.
Good organisational skills.
Good awareness and experience in using key Microsoft Office packages e.g. Outlook, Excel, Word, Power-point, etc.
Ability to confidently work on own initiative and as part of a strong, dynamic team.
Ability to listen, learn and take instruction.
Good interpersonal skills and ability to engage effectively.
Self-motivated with a friendly demeanour and ability to get on with others.
Pro-active approach to personal and professional development.
Commitment to equal opportunities and core values of the Govan HOME Team.
Willingness and able to work a flexible working week.
Endorse and work to promote the HOME Team’s Equality and Diversity Policy.
Govan HOME Team is repairs and property management community interest company based in Govan, Glasgow. It was established in May 2017 and is a subsidiary of Govan Housing Association Ltd.
We are serious about turning our vision for our subsidiary into reality and delivering excellent quality repairs, maintenance and environmental services that make a positive impact on people and communities. This focus really signals the future direction of the Govan Housing Association Group, one that is genuine about customer service, which is committed to ensuring that residents get the best possible deal and the highest quality products and services and importantly, puts our residents and the wider community central to everything that we do.
Good general standard of education.
You’ll be working in a team of administrative staff and therefore previous experience is essential. To do the job well, you’ll also need strong communication skills and organisational ability. You will have a good understanding of these areas of work and a strong desire to deliver high quality work, customer satisfaction and safe environments for people to live.
You must be willing to work in accordance with the Govan HOME Team’s core values and ethos. In particular, customer service, value for money, equality and diversity, team work and the ability to take personal responsibility.
You must also undertake any other reasonable duties as required to maintain the organisation’s activities and the continued delivery of services. The HOME Team operates in a dynamic environment. The responsibilities attached to the post will need to change from time to time to reflect and respond to the changing environment and changes within the Govan HOME Team.