REFERENCE NUMBER: GGA-2020-168
Installation of various types of suspended ceilings; lay-in, specialist metal ceiling systems, concealed and MF ceiling systems.
- Setting out work using drawings and specifications.
- Planning & setting out, transferring and marking levels.
- Mechanically fixing ceiling hangers & perimeter trims to; cement, timber, metal and hollow plaster/pots.
- Measuring cutting & fixing plasterboards, metal, mineral and glass fibre tiles.
- Constructing upstands/downstands.
- Installation of Firefly & mineral/metal mesh fire barrier systems.
- Cutting, fitting and laying insulation quilt.
- Repairing and maintaining ceilings.
- Ordering materials & controlling material waste.
- Controlling cleanliness on site.
- Storing materials and equipment on site.
- Erecting & dismantling working platforms.
Maintaining Health & Safety standard and practices.
Accurate completion of time sheets, day-works and completion/handover sheets.
Checking, using and maintaining tools & equipment.
To assist the appropriate Ceiling Fixer Journeyman in all aspects of Suspended Ceiling and Partitioning work. To attend construction college training in all types of suspended ceiling and fire barrier installations and carry out these tasks at the appropriate level on site.
Learn all aspects of the Ceiling Fixer role.
Carry out all other miscellaneous tasks associated with the everyday operation of a small business to a high standard.
Preferred Skills – Numeracy, Measuring, Manual Dexterity, attention to detail, capable of Working at Height.
SCQF Level 5
Apprenticeship: Ceiling Fixing
Brian Hendry Interiors Ltd is a Glasgow based company, established in July 2004 by our Managing Director Brian Hendry, who has worked in the Construction Industry for over twenty nine years. We are specialists in the Interiors Sector and in particular with Suspended Ceilings and Partitioning, with extensive experience and expertise in all areas including office, retail, education, commercial and leisure.
We are committed to apprentice recruitment and have offered a minimum of two apprenticeships every year since 2010.
No formal qualifications are essential however, Standard Grade level 4 in English, Maths and appropriate Technical subjects would be an advantage. All applicants must pass the Construction Skills entrance exam prior to being accepted onto the Apprentice Programme.
A CSCS card is desirable but not essential as this will be provided as part of the apprenticeship.
Must be prepared to complete the construction college programme and achieve an SVQ2 in Ceiling Fixing.
No experience is necessary, but a desire and willingness to work in the construction industry, would be preferred.
After a successful interview, we would wish to employ the successful candidates on a two week trial period to measure their suitability for working on our sites. This will also give them the chance to discover if this is the route they want to take with their career.