REFERENCE NUMBER: GGVAC2023-1577
As a Warehouse operative, you will support and unload inward stock deliveries, manually deconstruct mattresses and separate all components/materials in preparation of baling. Bale materials using our baling equipment and relocate baled materials into designated storage areas. Loading vehicles with our materials for their onward journey to be further recycled.
You must also support the wider team by providing excellent customer service to both our domestic and commercial customers whether it be a collection from their home/business address or drop offs at our unit.
• Facilitate all inward stock movements efficiently, following company procedures
• Manage and maintain the stock integrity and ensure accurate completion of stock-takes
• Actively maintain and improve housekeeping standards ensuring that stored goods are kept tidy and in the correct place
• Where relevant use any mechanical handling equipment in accordance with company procedures
• Ensure that with all aspects of Health & Safety policies and procedures are complied with in all daily activities
• Continually review operating systems, procedures and practices, recommending any changes to improve operational effectiveness and efficiency and to reduce costs
• Supporting in other areas of the business as and when required
• Customer focused, with good communication skills
• Gained experience of working in a fast-paced role, whilst maintaining a consistent eye for detail
• A flexible approach and an ability to work under pressure
• An ability to embrace change and new technologies
King Size Recycling started trading on the 1st of February 2021. We are a small family run business and are now looking to employ a Warehouse Operative to help in the day to day running of our warehouse as well as assist with customer collections as and when required.
Our business offers an environmentally friendly mattress disposal service, operating throughout Scotland with our main concentration in Glasgow and surrounding areas. We provide an outlet for end of life mattresses, suitable for both public and private sectors - whether you are an individual, a mattress retailer or a local authority we can help.
Our process follows the principles of a full circular economy working towards a sustainable future.
Ideally should hold a valid in-date Full UK Drivers Licence with no more than 3 points on the licence.
A basic warehouse and health and safety understanding would be desirable but not necessary as full training will be provided.