REFERENCE NUMBER: GGA-2023-1352
•To work as a member of a team to deliver a service which meets the needs of all children using the service and develop a purposeful relationship with parents/carers.
Adhere to all policies and procedures within the setting.
• Work as part of a large staff team.
• Ensure you have a tidy and presentable appearance at all times.
• Ensure you keep your Continual Professional Development (CPD) folder up to date and make management aware of Training Needs.
• Maintain registration with SSSC and adhere to codes of practice.
• Participate in the development of the improvement plan, standards and quality report and self evaluation of the centre.
• Attend staff meetings.
• Assist in weekly and monthly planning.
• Adhere to cleaning and staff rotas.
• Plan and implement learning experiences, indoors and outdoors, for children of all ages and involve children in planning and implementation.
• To be aware of children’s development and be able to record information on each individual child.
• Establish knowledge of the committee you are a member of and develop your leadership skills within the committee ensuring collegiate working with others.
Good Interpersonal Skills
Able to To build a portfolio of evidence showing competence in performance and which demonstrates knowledge and understanding to meet the required standards of SVQ 3 Social Services (Children and Young People) : Level 3 Modern Apprenticeship (SCQF Level 7).
SCQF Level 7
Early Years Practitioner
Step Up Training
Green Acres is a purpose built nursery which first opened its doors in September 2003.
You must have at least three qualifications selected from the following:
Standard Grades at Credit level and/or National 5 Qualifications and/or Intermediate 2 subjects
Must be aged between 16 and 19 years old
One of your qualifications must be in English or Core Skills Communication SCQF Level 5
On the job training will be provided
• Adhere to national and local guidance
• Demonstrate a commitment to inclusion, caring for and protecting children and implement Child Protection procedures
• Participate in professional learning as a key to updating knowledge and improving practice
• Respect confidentiality at all times
• Maintain written and online records; prepare reports and other appropriate documentation, which may on occasion be made available to relevant agencies.
This job requires contact with vulnerable groups and therefore membership of the PVG scheme or successful application for membership is required prior to formal offer of employment. Photographic ID is required as part of this process. Job Types: Full-time, Apprenticeship