REFERENCE NUMBER: GGVAC2023-1342
We are looking for motivated individual to join us to offer administrative support to the Employability Team Leaders and the wider employability team. This opportunity is ideal for an person who is keen to explore working in a professional environment and ambitious to gain interpersonal and organisational skills.
While no day is the same, key include answering phone calls, monitoring and responding to emails, assisting support workers and employment advisors with paperwork, filing documents, recording notes from meetings, calling participants and schedule appointments in diary, generally a communication relay between management, staff and the participants who engage with our service. By ensuring all parties receive necessary information and that this information is accurate, create a linear experience of engagement with our service.
Our office is open 9am-9pm Monday - Thursday 9am-5pm Friday and 9am - 1pm on a Saturday
• Liaising with the employability team and other inhouse services (Counselling, Wellbeing, Training, Community Justice, Peer education and corporate services) to ensure projects progress smoothly
• Monitor and manage our in-house databases by observing, recording, and refining internal workflows and company guidelines to ensure consistent, high-quality support
• Provide support at meetings in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries including taking and disseminate minutes
• Accurately receive, process, and activate referrals from partner agencies
• Plan and co-ordinate events and opportunities for training/information sharing
• Provide a point of contact in the absence of the named staff member, to facilitate appointments/maintain contact/ongoing support
• To manage and allocate petty cash while keeping accurate records
• Arrange hospitality and catering for meetings as required
• Preparing reports on referrals, engagement, and opportunities for participants ensuring procedures are followed
• Communicating on behalf of the Senior management and other external partners and services
• To Support the organisation with answering phone calls and arrange appointments and meetings
• General administrative and project related activities such as Archiving/Photocopying/Scanning
• Manage social media platforms, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook
• To welcome personal callers to the office, provide them with tea / coffee as required and notify the relevant member of staff of their arrival
• To provide clerical and administrative support to GCA, including competent use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access, general filing, and operation of office systems.
• To help maintain the office in a clean, tidy, and well-ordered state.
• Any other duties as required in relation to the role
• We are looking for an individual who is enjoys being part of a team and comfortable with working independently
• Someone who has the ability answer telephone calls, take accurate messages, and pass them to the appropriate person.
• To support with all visitors to the office, in a sensitive, courteous, and appropriate manner.
• The ability to multitask while maintaining attention to detail
Glasgow Council on Alcohol (GCA) has provided community based alcohol and drug interventions for over 50 years and is the oldest established Council on Alcohol in Scotland. GCA supports individuals and their families who are experiencing problems with alcohol and commonly present with multiple complex issues linked to life experiences and the negative impact and underlying issues caused by alcohol and drug misuse.
GCA’s person-centered ethos and care planning process supports the individual to identify, prioritise and achieve their goals. Each person’s journey is personal to them therefore GCA is flexible in its approach, responding to individual needs and continually consulting with the individuals in receipt of their services. GCA adopts a multifaceted approach and uses innovative and creative methods of engaging with individuals using the service.
Much of this important work of GCA is carried out by our dedicated volunteers, who come from a range of complex and diverse backgrounds where mental and physical health can be a barrier. GCA was the pioneer Council on Alcohol in the UK, to recruit, select, train, deploy and supervise volunteer counsellors. We are privileged to have 64 volunteers engaged with GCA of these there are 35 experienced counsellors working across Glasgow City providing valuable support and cost-effective service. GCA prides itself and values the extensive contribution volunteers bring to the organisation and in doing so provides opportunities which helps contribute to employability outcomes for Glasgow’s citizens.
• Office Administration / IT/ Business Administration (Desirable)
• Standard Grade English (Desirable)
• Microsoft Office - Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
• Microsoft Access
• Zoom & Microsoft Teams
Full training will be provided for this post, inclusive of core GCA training, such as, Call Handling, Adult and Child protection, Motivational Interviewing. As a supportive employer we will work with the successful applicants to refine professional workplace behaviors by inhouse and external training where appropriate.
Flexible and Willing to learn.