REFERENCE NUMBER: GGA-2022-1301
1. Assist the Childcare Workers to deliver a curriculum based programme of learning and development activities for children.
2. Assist the Childcare Workers to provide quality care and education.
3. Work in accordance with the requirements of the Care Inspectorate and within the policies and procedures of Stepping Stones for Families with particular reference to Child Protection, Equal Opportunities, Rights of the child and Health and Safety.
4. Assist the Childcare Workers to plan and prepare the children’s snacks.
5. Learn how to observe children’s behaviour and development.
6. Learn how to interact with young children to encourage their development.
7. Work towards SVQ 3 Social Services Children and Young People.
8. Take part in and contribute to staff development opportunities within and outwith the Organsiation.
9. Work in a flexible way to suit the urgent and unforeseen requirements of the Organisation.
Purpose of the Job:
To support the provision of a quality childcare service within an early years setting and to work towards gaining a professional childcare qualification
1. Commitment to equality of opportunity and children’s rights.
2. Ability to work as part of a team.
3. Good communication skills.
4. Interest in training as a childcare worker and working towards gaining a professional qualification, SVQ 3 Social Services Children and Young People.
SCQF Level 7
Social Services (Children and Young People)
Stepping Stones for Families strives to be an equal opportunities employer and welcomes candidates from all sections of the community.
For more information about us, please visit: http://www.ssff.org.uk/
3 National 5's or equivalent (one must be English)
1. Experience of working / volunteering with young children in a childcare setting
No additional requirements