REFERENCE NUMBER: GGA-2022-1256
An apprentices position is one of the most important in the salon. It falls to you to ensure the salon is set up for the day ahead, and that the stylists are set up correctly for each appointment. Although the Salon Director is your overall manager, you will report to the Salon Manager. However, any member of staff is able to give direction.
You will provide first class customer service to everyone that walks through the front door and always be on hand to greet clients and deal with any general queries. You will always maintain a friendly and approachable manner while in salon as this helps clients be comfortable in their surroundings. You are responsible for making sure the salon is clean and tidy and carrying out all daily, weekly, and monthly jobs.
• When arrive at work complete morning jobs (List in staff room)
• Check gowns are clean, put them in washing regularly.
• Check appointment book & set up for first clients.
• Check we have stock of what colours are booked in.
• Gowning up all clients for services booked
• Having relevant equipment set up for each client.
• Providing colour clients with barrier cream, glasses leg protectors, stain remover
• Check clients notes to see if they normally get a toner & ask stylist if needed.
• Make sure client record cards are up to date.
• Shampooing clients/rinsing colour
• Every client gets 2 shampoos & conditioner or treatment (use Blondor seal & care for bleach service & post colour after every colour instead of conditioner)
• Promoting Nine Zero Salon app and any in salon promotions
• Tidying up each section only once Stylist is fully finished.
• Providing clients with refreshments
• Empty Stock bin daily (when its less busy), write a list of what it contains and pass to reception.
• General cleaning throughout the day sweeping up, washing dishes, keep back wash tidy, cleaning up sections after clients, clean brushes etc.
• All end of day duties – list in staff room
• Check cleaning stock - i.e. toilet/kitchen roll & floor cleaner
• Adhere to all policies and procedures.
• Covering reception when required or asked to
• End of day jobs (check list)
• Plan how you are going to hit your daily/weekly/monthly target. Work out how much you would need to upsell to each client in advance.
• Check your target performance on PhorestGo
Interest in Hairdressing
Hairdressing Modern Apprenticeship
NINE ZERO is dedicated to service and value and the team sincerely enjoy what they do. They believe that individuals look forward to their salon appointments, it is somewhere to escape the pressures and demands of everyday life and they get to focus on themselves for a short time. Each person deserves to look and feel their best. This customer focussed philosophy has helped NINE ZERO become what it is today and it is reflected in the loyalty of their clients
Not required - Ideal for a school leaver.