REFERENCE NUMBER: GGA-2022-1188
• Assist in providing a comprehensive estate caretaking service to the multi storey flats in terms of cleaning communal areas, checking fixtures and fittings in communal areas, checking and cleaning laundry areas, and any other reasonable tasks as identified by the Asset Management Team.
• Assist in providing a comprehensive estate caretaking service to Linthouse stock in terms of cleaning communal areas, checking fixtures and fittings in communal areas, checking and cleaning laundry areas, and any other reasonable tasks as identified by the Asset Management Team.
• Order supplies of materials for caretaking duties as required.
• Sweep stairs and wash stairs and walls in common closes and carry out intensive cleaning of closes and communal areas as instructed by the Asset Management Team.
• Remove graffiti from close, stair walls and communal areas, which may require painting the area/section of the wall that has graffiti.
• Inspect and clean controlled entry doors, windowsills, windows, and railings in the common close when required.
• Obtain meter readings from common closes were requested by the Asset Management team
• Carry out environmental cleaning tasks including uplift of bulk items, rubbish removal, de-littering of streets, communal gardens, and backcourts, and clearing dog fouling on a weekly basis around all LHA stock.
•Keep stores in good order and ensure that tools and equipment are maintained in good working condition.
• Deliver mail within the estate.
• Maintain comprehensive and accurate records of estate and communal inspections passing on issues for action to the Asset Management Team
• Maintain all records relating to the caretaking service.
• Be conversant and comply with LHA’s health & safety policies and procedures.
3. Other Responsibilities
• Undertake other responsibilities, as required by the Asset Management Team consistent with the role.
refer to job description
1. Communication & Influence
• Communicates and keeps people informed.
• Asks rather than tells.
• Where appropriate, asks for personal support.
• Works to build personal relationships with others.
• Commitment to and demonstrates the LHA Listen Hear and Act Culture for all internal and external customers.
2. Teamwork & Collaboration
• Contributes actively as a team member and shares ideas and information to benefit colleagues.
• Works with the team to achieve results and find solutions.
• Commits to team decisions.
3. Judgement, Planning & Prioritisation
• Plans own day to day work in a structured and disciplined way.
• Takes real ownership for delivery of tasks.
• Engages effective and appropriate professional conduct.
Linthouse Housing Association (LHA) was formed in 1974 and is one of the oldest Housing Associations in Glasgow. We are a non-profit making organisation with Scottish Charitable status based in the west end of Govan and are monitored and regulated by the Scottish Housing Regulator.
We provide just under 1200 homes to people in the areas of Linthouse, Drumoyne and Langlands. Our housing stock is varied and includes tenements, multi-storey flats, four in a block properties and main door properties. We also provide a factoring service to almost 700 owner occupiers.
None required as training will be given on a daily basis