REFERENCE NUMBER: GGA-2022-1120
MODERN APPRENTICE HOUSING & COMMUNITY EMPOWERMENT
(£4.81ph, 35hrs pw)
The main purpose of the role is to provide support to the housing team to deliver a range of high quality housing services to our tenants and other service users, for example housing applicants and homeless people. In addition, the Housing & Community Empowerment Team is involved in ensuring the properties are maintained to a high standard. This means working closely with colleagues in our Asset Management Team to ensure any required maintenance work is carried out when required.
As a member of the Housing & Community Empowerment Team your duties will include:
• Assisting in the provision of a first class housing service to tenants, applicants, owner occupiers, homeless people and any other service users
• Dealing with non-complex enquiries from tenants and service users about housing allocations, rent, repair issues etc.
• Dealing with former tenant and low level rent arrears
• Operating the computerised housing system, including updating applications for housing, repairs logging etc.
• Providing a range of admin and other support as required to colleagues in the Housing & Community Empowerment Team
• Working closely with the Association’s Asset Management Team to ensure repairs and maintenance works are carried out timeously
As per Job Description
Essential skills and attitudes include:
• Good communication and interpersonal skills: speaking and listening in a polite and courteous manner in person and by telephone; as well as good written communication skills by email, report writing etc.
• Good time management skills: including punctuality and being able to organise and prioritise own workload
• Self-motivated/ability to use initiative and work without supervision where necessary
• Willingness to learn
• Competent in Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel and Outlook
Linthouse Housing Association (LHA) was formed in 1974 and is one of the oldest Housing Associations in Glasgow. We are a non-profit making organisation with Scottish Charitable status based in the west end of Govan and are monitored and regulated by the Scottish Housing Regulator.
We provide just under 1200 homes to people in the areas of Linthouse, Drumoyne and Langlands. Our housing stock is varied and includes tenements, multi-storey flats, four in a block properties and main door properties. We also provide a factoring service to almost 700 owner occupiers.
There are no formal qualifications required but candidates must be able to demonstrate competency in literacy and numeracy skills.
As per Job Description