REFERENCE NUMBER: GGVAC2022-1058
In light of recent project wins, we require further support from an up & coming individual to join our team.
We are looking for somebody for a Community & Communications Executive role, who will also play a crucial part in building their project management skills on live projects (supporting our project leads). In addition to this, we are committed to upskilling you in Equalities & Inclusion, supporting a project on this specifically and increasing your knowledge and skills in the subject area.
This is an entry-level role at This is Milk, however, this role would probably not be suitable for somebody with no professional digital office experience at all. This means that we would like you to have worked, or gained experience working in a professional office environment before and feel comfortable here. You will be dealing directly with customers, clients, consultants and stakeholders on a regular basis.
Day to day, you will be working closely with our Growth Strategist, Managing Director, Project Leads and the rest of our team. You will be a key part in helping us maintain our ongoing operations, and also grow our business in line with our goals and strategy. This is Milk has an exciting year ahead and we want you to be a key part in this.
If you are digital-savvy, love working & building relationships with people, have some experience in areas such as office management, comms, community management, social media, PR, promotional events and Project Management we would like to hear from you. This is a growth role, so ambition and capability, can often outweigh past experience.
Your responsibilities will be varied, and dependent on your level of experience and both current projects/business goals. The following has been created to give you a good understanding of what we are looking for:
• Organise and participate in events to build our community and boost brand awareness
• Support the head of growth with marketing and comms - increasing both your skills and responsibility over time
• Support project leads with live projects - This could be to email/phone training participants to arrange sessions with them, support us with workshop facilitation, planning & admin as required.
• Develop and implement social media and communication campaigns to align with marketing strategies. Let’s be creative and see what you can do.
• Provide engaging text, image and video content for social media accounts (Again, let’s see what you can currently do, and build on that)
• Respond to comments and customer queries in a timely manner
• Monitor and report on feedback and online reviews
• Coordinate with internal stakeholders to ensure brand consistency – This basically means that we are here to help. Nobody is on there own at This is Milk, we all work as one team utilising the strengths we have to help across the board. There will always be somebody that you can speak to for support and guidance.
• Build relationships with customers, potential customers, industry professionals and journalists
• Stay up-to-date with emerging technology trends – In a industry that is conastantly changing, we like to work with people who enjoy change.
• Maintain and Manage the CRM system to keep data and information up to date – We can help with this, show you what to do and the best way to do it, experience though is always great.
We are committed to helping you grow as a digital professional in this role, so your skills are as much about what you can develop as they are about what you already can do. There are however a few basics that we require that will ensure you are able to both enjoy and perform in your role:
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Excellent written skills
• High level of digital proficiency – You will spend a large amount of time using a laptop (you will be working on Microsft 365, using various software's and apps) Eg - Hootsuite, Hubspot, Microsoft Teams, Adobe/Canva) It is ok if some of this is new, but a confidence and ability to use and improve is very much needed.
• Confidence in working with both internal and external stakeholders – You will work with our full team, and our clients teams. It’s fun, varied and challenging.
• Attention to detail and ability to multitask
• Ability to work autonomously – We do not micro-manage, so be comfortable making decisions. Don’t worry we have your back.
• A passion for learning, advancing your skills, working outside of your comfort zone and being an integral part of the This is Milk team.
This is Milk is a Glasgow based consultancy, training and technology business
We focus on human-centered change, digital strategy, research-based product design and education and upskilling for the future.
We carry out Digital Transformation projects all across the world and are leaders in the fields of Business Transformation, Service Design and Digital Strategy. In recent years we have expanded the business into the training professional industry, as well as last year expanding further with a technology offering.
As a small diverse team, we take pride in tackling big challenges. We believe in divide and conquer, with multiple cross-functional teams working on various projects at one time.
Currently, we have an internal permanent workforce of 9, whilst this very rarely feels accurate with multiple external talented consultants expanding our team throughout the year. With every new project we assess both the scope of what is required, as well as how we can best resource it. It is fair to say that you get to meet some of the most talented digital professionals at This is Milk, and there is never a dull moment.
People focused - We promote opportunities and solutions that enable people.
Empowering - We provide services that serve as an investment for growth.
Quirky - We are unique in our approach, our identity and our outputs.
Collaborative - We work with everyone (colleague, client or competition) to deliver the best.
Active - We talk less and deliver more.
Customer led - We ensure the customer is reflected in everything we do.
You will find loads more about us on the following websites, as well as our social media channels. Viewing is highly advised.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and as such formal education/qualifications are not required. What is more important is your ability to demonstrate that you can do the job.
Training and education come in many forms, so any such experience that sets you apart, we would love to hear about it. We do love somebody who loves to learn however, it is important that you are not the finished article and will continue to develop with us.
As we have said, this role is entry-level but will require you to have worked/interned in a similar role, or gained experience in a similar type of role before. No background is dismissed, we have many employees with diverse work backgrounds, and you have no idea the benefits that can come from this.
Even better, if you have a background in any of the following areas that would be fantastic, this could even be in the form of side projects, freelance work, past employments, voluntary work etc, it all adds to what makes you good at what you do.
• Experience using Adobe packages
• Proven work experience in a related role
• Experience launching community initiatives (e.g. building an online forum, launching an ambassador program, creating an event series and writing newsletters and blog content.)
• Hands-on experience with social media management for brands
• Management, planning and admin of people, services, events
• Knowledge of online marketing and marketing channels
• Experience using the HubSpot CRM
• Background working in Education
• Project management
Again - Every relevant application is welcome. We strongly believe in a person's potential, so if have read this and believe you can make a great case for getting the role, we would love to see it.
This is a Permanent Contract- with a 3-month probationary period.
We are a Glasgow based business, and as such have 2 offices here. 1 is in the east end (Rogart Street), the other in the City Centre. It is not essential that you work from the office, however if you do choose to work from home or other we would request regular attendance with the team to be agreed upon. We are a flexible working business, so very much open to you working in a way that works for you, as long as we are meeting key responsibilities.
• Flexible working business
• Autonomy in your work
• Online Perks Website
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Pension contributions
• Generous holiday entitlement (28 days flexible, plus 6 fixed bank holidays) - pro rata for part time staff
• A generous training package
• Company share option (In progress of being set up)