REFERENCE NUMBER: GGA-2022-1054
Apprentice Chef's role will be to assist with the preparation and cooking of our menu to the highest level of food standard and presentation, following high standards of cleanliness whilst always ensuring legal requirements of Food Hygiene, Health and Safety policies are adhered to. Assist in the opening, closing and continuous cleaning of the all working areas and equipment. Have a passion for food and a desire to develop and succeed.
-receive regular training as and when agreed in a training programme, particularly learning the kitchen responsibilities and operation.
– ensuring compliance to sanitation, hygiene, health and safety legislation and organisational and quality requirements.
– assist to co-ordinate food preparation.
– assist to prepare and cook food
– assist with quality management of food
– assist with general cleaning required in the kitchen
– assist team in investigating and resolving customer complaints
– effective liaison, support and assistance with general tasks
– assist generally in the kitchen as directed
– receive training so that you can assist with maintaining accurate records and accounts as required and reporting as agreed
– set an example of commitment, work ethic and habits and personal character
– responsibly use resources and control expenses to operate within budgetary controls
– adhere to all organisation policies and procedures
- adhere and comply with Modern Apprenticeship deadlines and tasks.
From time to time you may be expected to be part of special projects as are reasonably required of your job role.
You are responsible for your allocated workload and must meet all targets as agreed with your Line Manager. You must contribute towards the smooth running of the organisation generally.
It is essential to be a good communicator spoken and written, follow given instruction with a positive can do attitude and willingness to learn.
Punctual, reliable and honest.
Hard working, team player and flexible
Work under pressure and multi-task
Chef Academy Modern Apprentice (MA)
ITC Training Academy
Lomond Leisure Group ,, Mharsanta restaurant is situated in the heart of Glasgow's Merchant City, we offers a genuine taste of Scotland.
Capacity in the main restaurant is 80 with a further 40 seated in our private dining room.
The USP of Mharsanta is serving home cooked Scottish cuisine using locally sourced Scottish produce. We have an excellent team of 15 staff who have worked with us since we opened 3 years ago and provide fantastic hospitality and delicious food.
Our team are hard working, committed and passionate about hospitality. We offer continuous training internally and through Modern Apprenticeship Programme.
General secondary education English and Arithmetic
No experience is necessary but experience of working in a team is desirable.
The Apprenticeship Programme last for a minimum 18 and maximum of 24 months and will enable you to develop through a structured training programme. As an Apprentice, you will gain a nationally recognised qualification, giving you an ideal grounding for a career in the hospitality industry. Learning is all on-site, so there is no need for our Apprentices to attend college, and our Apprentices are all paid national minimum wage, which is above the standard Apprentice rate. Throughout your Apprenticeship you will be supported by your Head Chef and General Manager and our Apprenticeship provider ITC Training Academy.
Weekend working essential