REFERENCE NUMBER: GGA-2022-1023
The Operations Coordinator Apprentice will support the coordination of the day-to-day operations of the company.
This is a busy role covering both our travel health clinic services and our training operations. The candidate should be a highly effective communicator being able to deal directly with clients in our reception areas and to be able to engage with clients on the telephone. The ability to prioritise work tasks and attention to detail are a must, as are strong computer skills (Microsoft word, excel, outlook as a minimum).
We are looking for someone who is committed to self-development through study, on the job learning and is keen to achieve.
1. Course Booking, Organisation & Management
• Make course bookings on the client data base
• Pre-course liaison with clients to confirm bookings where necessary
• Management of course set up and equipment/resources
• Setting up of training rooms for open courses at Atlantic Chambers
• Coordinate course paperwork, equipment and travel arrangements for trainers when necessary
2. Client Administration – Training Courses
• Creation of new client accounts on client data base
• Post-course liaison with clients to ensure all quality standards met
• Post-course liaison with trainers
• Collation of information from clients and preparation of reports for weekly planning
3. Reception – Travel Health Clinic Services
• Deal with client requests – standard and non-standard
• Answering telephone calls and intercom
• Managing client telephone enquiries effectively (transferring of calls to relevant colleague/department)
• Answering email enquiries
• Greet course delegates and clinic clients
• Greet visitors
• Keep reception area clean & tidy
• Be professional and courteous at all times to clients and colleagues
4. General Administration
• Preparation of mail
• To attend internal key meetings and take minutes when required
• To undertake any other duties as required to support the day-to-day operations and administrative functions of the business
• To adhere to the company’s Health & Safety Policy and be aware of personal safety at all times
• To attend training/development courses deemed suitable to enhance skills
• Motivated & hard working
• Have a flexible approach
• Well spoken and client facing
• Have an eagerness to learn
• Happy to take responsibility
• Have a mature outlook
UK Health Enterprises is recognised for its two brands Emcare and Stewart First Aid Training, who provide excellence in the delivery of training courses to its clients who are based throughout Scotland.
Emcare provides Health & Social Care and Health & Safety training whilst Stewart First Aid Training provides workplace first aid training. We are committed to our clients and ensure that they leave our courses with confidence having had the very best learning experience.
In addition to our training business, we also run a leading travel clinic based in our Glasgow City centre offices.
We are a growing business and have a great opportunity for an enthusiastic apprentice to join our client centred team.
Please check our websites for more information on our services:
Commitment to completing Modern Apprenticeship programme
Excellent IT skills (knowledge of Microsoft packages i.e Word & Excel)
No specific working experience required